Wednesday, October 3, 2018

The biannual visit to the nursery, Fall edition

Beautiful October day, and it was time for the seasonal trip to the nursery.

The way it goes: Spring, potting soil and herbs,  lantana for the hummingbirds. This year's lantana is on its third bloom of the year. Fall is about potting soil, chrysanthemums, small pumpkin for step and later soup, it's a sugar pumpkin.




I'm a modest gardener, save seeds, already Italian and Thai basil seeds in paper bags. Also seeds picked up from a neighbor's sidewalk from some really pretty tall flowers. So next year's in hand.

Meanwhile I've done the outside bit for Fall, as you see.




You can see the patio from the front door so I like to make a scene to enjoy. I've heard from neighbors that they like it, too, always a good point.



And passersby on the street, we have a lot of them, can enjoy this. Background bronze chrysanthemum, Autumn Joy sedum, white chrysanthemum.

Next: lunch, Alison Weir historical novel, knitting.  A nap may insert itself in there somewhere.


2 comments:

  1. Love those white chrysanthemums! Which Alison Weir are you reading? My library has a bunch of books by her. I enjoy historical fiction, too, and wonder if there's a sensible spot to start - or just dive in in "queenly" order?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have Wives of Henry 8 on my Kindle, because it's huge and would weigh a ton in paper. And Dangerous Inheritance on book form. I just read her in any order, since they're all freestanding and you don't need to know the others in order to enjoy any. I suppose you could read in order of queens!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!