Monday, October 29, 2018

Fall, officially, chez Boud

Bit more gardening before winter, cutting and pulling the last of the Autumn Joy sedum. Noticing new rosettes already forming at the roots. And clearing more pachysandra from around the yellow daisies and the struggling little azalea, which was happy to see daylight again. And tripping over a pot and taking a header, but the ground was so soft after rain no harm done.



Then on the way to toss the debris into the woods, found downed oak branches. So one came home to join the sedum to dry.




2 comments:

  1. How pretty! The deer ate my sedum and other fall flowers, also all my late vegetables :/ So I will have to just enjoy your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Though I live where there are large deer herds, none are seen in my section of the area. This is because we are surrounded by highways and the poor guys don't make it across. I often see carcases on the road, but their feeding is in a different area. We have plenty of aggressive squirrels who dig up and shred plantings, and other varmints. I can't mind the baby rabbits noshing though, so cute, and safe from foxes inside my patio fence.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!