Saturday, September 22, 2018

Sign of Fall

The ficus tree, very healthy, plenty of leaves, in contrast to the failing tree that went to camp on the patio in May, is back in the living room.  She did not want to come in, scratched me, fell on my head, but I finally wrestled her in and into the giant saucer. After disentangling the drapes she'd clutched on the way in.



The reason she does so well outside is that she puts roots through the bottom of the pot into the earth, and pretends she's a wild daring outdoor tree. Then I have to cut them to bring her in and she does fine over the winter, but starts to fail toward spring, when she goes outside again.

As you see, she's brushing the ceiling now. I've root pruned her twice over the forty-odd years I've had her, since she was a little sprig of a tree perched on the back seat of my car coming home from the shop.

So that's done for the season.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!