Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Disregard strange emails!

My account was hacked, and I thank all the many people who let me know. Evidently, judging from the number of calls and emails I got this morning, my entire address book received a scam email involving Cyprus and wandering about wringing my hands over it or something! I am quite safe, in the usual place, just annoyed that all these nice people were bothered by a scam and some were quite concerned in case there might be something to it. Nope. But now that I've done the usual remedies,I have to rebuild my entire email contact listings, huge, which were all wiped, along with saved emails in the first half of the alphabet. Soooooo, be aware that unless you email me, I might not be able to be in touch. The Dollivers point out smugly that yarn don't crash, so I'm ignoring them.

5 comments:

  1. Soooo disappointed. Thought for sure you were enjoying a round the world cruise and had simply overspent at the poker table. J in Cowtown

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those Dollivers are SO helpful!! Glad to hear that you really weren't stranded in Cyprus.

    ReplyDelete
  3. First I was all 'she's in Cyprus?' Then I was 'oh, she wouldn't need help if she was in Cyprus. She'd be making friends all over the place.' :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pain. It's happened to me, too, and one would wish only the most interesting life for the perpetrator.

    Taxes. I take mine to a tax preparer...I can't add even with a calculator.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!