Friday, November 28, 2008






Unkinking yarn: various methods. The one I used is to hank it, tie the hanks in a couple of places, then gently somp them up and down in a few inches of lukewarm water with either shampoo or wool wash in the bathtub, rinse gently, squeeze out by hand then in a towel, then hang gently to dry off. Takes a couple of days for the hank to dry completely, ready to wind into balls.

Longer if the cats try to help......other people steam yarn to unkink it but I had the feeling I might end up with hunks of felt if anything went wrong, and after all that unraveling I wasn't up for that.

1 comment:

  1. Ooooh, what an array! And I'm the happy owner of that lovely black and blue scarf...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!