Monday, February 19, 2018

Presidents Day calls for action chez Boud

So today being a late winter day, and the mood being a bit meh, I thought it would be good to do some action here at home.




Watch this space.  Here's this year's potato crop-to-be.  A bit early, but we'll see.  I planted a small potato from the store which is already sprouting, and if previous years are anything to go by, eventually I'll have a nice little harvest of new potatoes. And you'll see in the little black planter behind this one, the new shoots of chives coming through. I already sampled them. Spring tonic!

And here's a great idea.  You know how, if you shop online, you get all these boxes, really upsetting, because you've now got more to recycle, or if that's difficult, toss.  I hate this.  Wasteful. Need to at least give them another use. And I recently found out about this new idea.  The GiveBack Box.



The way it works: when you get your, say, Amazon, box of stuff, you repack the now empty box with items you want to give away to a local thriftie or other charity.  You download and print out the mailing label, postage paid if in US, and you ship it off out.  When you sign up, which is easy, you give your email and your zipcode.  This enables the participating firms and charities to direct your box to the nearest participating agency. 

You can go to https://givebackbox.com/worksDetail

to find out more. I'm trying this out right now.  It will work for everything that isn't fragile, which I will continue to ferry to the thriftie, not much of a hardship, since I usually cruise around there while I'm at it.  But this will keep my car off the road a bit more, good for the air quality.

This may only work in the US right now, but it's a good idea, and maybe it does happen in other blogista countries too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!