Wednesday, February 3, 2016

The Lemon, Coriander and Cumin Trio

Making a soup from yesterday's cookbook, brown lentil, carrot and celery, but I had only red lentils, and pumpkin and watercress, so I subbed them.  

Pretty good, but the best part was grinding and admiring the spices, seen here.  In fact lemon zest (from the freezer, still going strong), coriander seed and cumin seed, seen in that order reading left around to right.  I ground the seeds in the coffee mill.





The scent is so good that I wonder if Nick Park can arrange for Wallace and Gromit to invent a techno-smell app. This little bowl is like a trio of sound, each scent distinct, then they blend when you sniff from a bit further away.

1 comment:

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!