Saturday, November 28, 2015

Rum Raisin Banana Bread -- Apres Tday! 6WS

So Tday is done, and the remains have become a very good turkey and mixed veg soup, to be eaten with caraway hot biscuits.  But there was a marked lack of the rum raisin motif up to now. 




That has now been addressed, with a loaf of Rum Raisin Banana Bread.  This came about while I was leafing through a few recipe books, dark, rainy day,  in search of something new to bake, and found a different idea, but which involved raisins in rum.

Aha, I decided that it would probably make a good addition to my trusty banana bread, and in fact it did.  Cup of golden raisins, soaked for about an hour in white rum, best Puerto Rico, drained, the rum going into the vanilla I'm soaking to make my own essence, and the raisins into the bread.

Worked a treat, it did.  And here's what I do after the bread is baked and cooling on the rack -- wash and dry the loaf pan,and then use it to serve the bread from. It occurred to me after I tasted it that this is the closest I'll ever come to making a fruit cake, and that's okay, too, to quote Stuart Smalley. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure there are many things (and people too) who would benefit from drunken raisins. Alas no rum in this household.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!