Sunday, August 23, 2015

Labyrinth walk and reminders

I walked the labyrinth, mainly for the family of a recently departed friend, but other dear friends got added in as I walked.



Entering the labyrinth
 
And on the path, as always, there's a significant object to find and carry to the middle of the labyrinth.  This time it was a beautiful carapace from a cicada.  Beautiful, and now empty, it had served its purpose.  




A great reminder to us, when people go on before us.  They're complete now, no further need for their body.  So I carried it to the center and left it as an offering.

1 comment:

  1. "they're complete now" a viewpoint new to me. I like it. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting. I really appreciate your taking the time, and taking part. Please read the comments and see if your question is already answered!